Executive Director, Lethbridge, Alberta
- You have a passion for rural economic development.
- You are a confident and strategic leader.
- You have experience leading a dynamic non-profit organization.
- Your staff looks to you as their knowledge coach.
- You have been referred to you as a visionary.
- You have worked with Boards of Directors and Executive Committees.
- You are often described as a mentor/teacher/coach.
If these statements describe you, we should talk. You just might be the ideal candidate to be the next Executive Director at Community Futures Lethbridge in Alberta.
The Community Futures Lethbridge Region is a non-profit organization that supports local entrepreneurs, businesses, and communities. We are guided by an 11-person Board of Directors made up of community representatives and members-at-large from our Region.
The mandate for the Executive Director is: Leadership, Advocacy, Stewardship - As champion of the CFLR mission and assets, your leadership communicates and advocates for the well-being, development and sustainability of the businesses and communities you represent.
Our next Executive Director will have the following qualifications:
- Superior leadership, relationship building and interpersonal skills;
- Refined listening, collaboration, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Polished business acumen with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of commercial finance and lending;
- Financial planning and management;
- Governance experience;
- Effective interest-based conflict management and creative resolution skills;
- Demonstrated competence in the development, promotion and delivery of training programs;
- 5-7 years of business management, preferably in the non-profit sector;
- Post-secondary degree in Business/Finance or combination of experience in business and Not for-Profit management
Candidates will be asked to be available for telephone screening, primary interviews and, for finalists, second-round in person interviews. This position offers a sound compensation package and salary will be commensurate with experience and education. Community Futures Lethbridge follows the Registered Exemption Program (REP) and all candidates must meet these requirements. Successful candidate must live within the Lethbridge region. The search will continue until the perfect candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for considering this exciting opportunity with Community Futures Lethbridge Region. Please be advised that the selection committee will only be contacting those individuals chosen for interview. No phone calls or international applications will be accepted. CFLR values diversity and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. As well, your privacy is important to us – please rest assured that all applications will always remain confidential. We do not retain or share candidate profiles or resumes.
Open PDF here: Executive_Director_2022_job_posting.pdf