Business Training & Programs In The Lethbridge Region
Get The Skills You Need To Succeed
Want to expand your skill set? We offer a wide range of business training programs and upskilling opportunities, from health and safety training to quick-start business intensives.
Learn how to market your business, understand basic accounting, and explore how to attract and retain talent as a rural business.
Our small business programs provide training and support for rural businesses across Lethbridge. Our goal is to help your company thrive by offering you access to specialized services like accounting workshops, marketing seminars, and so much more. We're here for entrepreneurs just like you - take advantage of our programs today and learn the skills you need to succeed.
Training & Workshops
Southern Alberta Business Succession Project
In partnership with Community Futures Alberta Southwest, Community Futures Centre West, Community Futures Central Alberta, Community Futures Crowsnest Pass, Community Futures East Parkland, Community Futures Highwood, and Community Futures Wild Rose, we bring you the Southern Alberta Business Succession Project.
Through this training, business owners, including farm owners located in these Community Futures Regions will have free access to a series of workshops and webinar series to help them prepare for the day they transition their business.
This program includes:
- Communication and Conflict Management
- Exit Planning Masterclass
- Establishing a Family Council and Family Constitution
- Establishing an Advisory Board
- Nonprofit Succession Planning
- Selling Your Business Masterclass
- Establishing an Ownership Council and Policies
- Business Transition and Success
For a complete, and up-to-date schedule of the succession planning programming that is being offered, please visit:
Businesses listed for sale or ready for sale can receive a coupon to list their business with Succession Matching. The coupon is only $25 (value $2000) due to the funding received for this project. Contact us and we'll get you started!
Entrepreneurs With Disabilities Program
The Entrepreneurs with Disabilities program (EDP) was created to provide enhanced small business development support to people with disabilities in rural Alberta. Self-employment can be a great way for persons with a disability or an ongoing medical condition to get back into the workforce.
This specialized program includes:
- Business training
- Assistance with drawing up a business plan
- Affordable, flexible business loans to establish a new business, purchase an existing business, or expand or upgrade an existing business
To be eligible for the Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program, you must:
- Have a self-declared disability or ongoing medical condition
- Live in rural Alberta
- Have a viable business idea
- Be able to contribute in some way to your business
To learn more about this program, please contact us.